Which OS do you prefer for non-power user tasks? (Geeky enough for you?)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Currently... Tech Support

Has anyone ever noticed that as soon as someone realizes you are an engineer or an IT person you immediately become their Tech Support POC? I am finally coming to grips w/ the fact that every member of my family uses me as their computer guru for just about every problem. Granted, I guess I bring some of this on myself by acknowledging the fact that I know a little something about computers and networking but I sure don't know everything. With that said if anyone knows anything about getting a Broadcom 440X 10/100 ethernet card working on a dell laptop give me a shout. The drivers all seem to be installed correctly but DHCP doesn't seem to initialize correctly and thus I can't get an IP address and ping out... Doh!!

1 comment:

Mike Current said...

FYI. It was just a stupid modem problem... Just need to give it the old reset. Sweet. Tech Support to the rescue!!!!